Trading systems designed for the trader
Why do most people who attempt to become successful, consistent traders fail and give up? Based on our experience and analysis we believe the main contributors to failure are:
- Having unrealistic goals and expectations
- Not knowing who you are and why you want to trade
- Having the wrong reasons for trading
- Inadequate account size for the type of trading undertaken
- Inadequate knowledge of the markets
- Lack of time and discipline for the type of trading attempted
- Not having a custom tailored trading system that is mostly mechanical
- Over sizing positions and over leveraging the trading account
Most beginning traders believe that with very little work and preparation that they can earn more than 100% on their account per year. The main goal of beginning traders is to make as much as possible as fast as possible with very little concern for how much and how fast they can lose money. They may think they are smart gunslingers when in reality they cannot tolerate losing much of their account. Because they fail to realize this about themselves they tend to plunge ahead ignoring risk control with little planning and preparation.
The trading system utilized by the trader must be compatible with the lifestyle of the trader and his/her available time. Without this fit, most traders being to doubt the validity of their trading system upon the first draw down and will abandon it before it has a chance to recover. An impatient trader will need a system with fast recovery rates.
A trader who is already successful may still encounter difficulties due to a mismatch in the type of trading system used and his/her personality, risk tolerance and time availability.
Experienced traders need to constantly monitor the aforementioned potential weaknesses and continually make improvements. The markets and our lifestyles change over time so it is necessary to adjust and adapt.
At Traders Edge Systems our goal is to provide tools and support for traders by providing:
- Custom coding services in AIQ Expert Design Studio (EDS) language
- Testing services for already designed systems using our extensive database of stocks that includes many of the inactively traded tickers
- Suggested improvements to your trading ideas
- Support for advanced issues with AIQ Trading Expert Pro software, Traders Studio, and Tradestation
- Assistance in converting discretionary strategies to mechanical strategies
- An AIQ Expert Design Studio indicator coding library
- Monthly Traders Tips backtest results from articles plublished in the popular Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities magazine
- Software reviews for that software we currently use or have tried
For more information see our services page. We also will be coding custom trading systems tailored to each client's financial goals, risk tolerance, desired frequency of trading, and other factors. Please read more about our consulting services to learn more.